Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Ode to the boys of Capernwray, and an remarkable story

I have begun to believe, in these past few weeks, that Capernwray boys have spoiled me for the real world. That's not a bad thing actually, but it seems that no boys I meet around here, and I've met a lot since moving up here... and many of them were cute... as well as Christians, can measure up to the level of greatness that those particular boys who have been through the training of Capernwray College have attained. I speak not only of my beloved brothers from last year but also of those from years gone by.
I have a rather remarkable story to illustrate this point and it has convinced me that I am right in believing that Capernwray adds a special factor of attractiveness, I like to call it the "C" factor, but you can call it whatever you want, the point is it's there.
My story begins (and ends actually) in my psycology class. This guy sat down next to me and immediately I was intrigued. I glanced over at what he was writing in his day planner and it read "Read Mark 1-4, pray with so-and-so" the interest grew. I thought he was cute but couldn't actually tell becuase you can't very tell turn and look point blank at the person sitting next to you who you've never met, now can you? As it turned out this guy was pretty cute but he was also quite a bit older (found out today he's 31) and when I met him a week later (checked our quizzes off of each other) I discovered he was married with kids. Now you may wonder why I would admit to being initially attracted to a 31 year old married guy. Hm... I'm not really sure why I'm admitting that except that there is obviously no other explanation for it THAN... (duh duh de duuuuuh!) THE C FACTOR - I found out today that this guy, his name is Jay, went to Capernwray (with Ben Thomas) in 1996!!!!!
So my beloved Capernwray brothers you must realize. You have been given a gift. Use it wisely, use it discerningly, but enjoy it as well. ;-)

Haha, anyway... isn't that crazy though! We just happened to pick the adjoining seats in class and of all people he went to Capernwray! God is good, is he not? Oh yeah, and a side note - we were comparing lecturers and staff members and he had Rob come and preach for a week (well before he was principle) when he had a fro! He said although he loved Rob he was so distracted by his animated speaking style that he had a little trouble paying attention to the lectures... he thinks Rob actually fell off the stage once while lecturing that week. Further more, for those familiar with Porltand/the Thomas kids. It is actually because of this guy, Jay, that Ben Thomas origionally moved to Portland and because of that that Heather moved here! Thank you, Jay, Portland is forever indebted to you.
Ah the world is small is it not? And the world+Capernwray is like 50 times smaller!

7 Comments:

Blogger Court said...

Pammy.

I have to agree on the C factor. I started a new bible study at a new church in kamloops and I meet many a guys. Some very cute. But none of them with the C factor. I love those guy even though I am now single because of them. Thanks boys for raising the bar.
love you pam

5:50 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Now all you have to figure out what the A and B factors are...

7:40 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

i second (or i guess third) the motion that capernwray boys are different. they just are. i hope capernwray girls are different too...somehow i doubt it though. i don't feel different.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

phh you better believe capernwray boys and girls are different. Pam...only someone as amazing as you could come up with the "c" factor. I love it and I love you.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Janice... are you fishing? Ok ok, I give in, you're smokin' too.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Capernwray boys can't spoil you for the real world when the closest thing to the real world that we'll know this side of the new heaven and new earth is Capernwray, right? (...remember Peter Reid...) Right.
Janice, don't worry - the C'factor's got to go both ways. Just think of how much more we're all okay with awkwardness than the rest of the word, male or female? If nothing profound, that's something. 0:)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Josh, i think i figured out what the 'B' factor is.
it's what i have
but your on your own figuring out what the 'A' factor is

if you think it was just the guys that caught this C factor, your wrong. the ladies did too. especially you pam. with an extra bonus of the P factor

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home