Friday, October 14, 2005

I wanted to play.

Mmmm... so I don't actually think anyone "tagged" me... but I'm bored so deal with it.

10 years ago I was:
10 years old
the tallest kid in my grade
really into basketball but not willing to give up ballet
rejected by the cool kids but trying to hang with them anyway
crushing big time on the most popular boy in school.

5 years ago I was:
A freshman in high school - and loving it.
hanging with the seniors at lunch and feeling cool
a punk rock ballerina
going to shows every weekend with my sister
dying my hair blue or green or purple (only streaks), and wearing chains around my neck 32 bracelets

1 year ago I was:
living in the the truest sense of the word
making many of my best friends in the world
travelling around Europe
learning to enjoy life again
being forever changed

Now I am:
living in Portland with Allison
eating lunch by myself everyday... but meeting people in my classes
getting involved at a new church that I love
alternately excited and scared to death about my future
doing a lot of homework


Yesterday I:
woke up happy
made yummy cookies with Ally
fell in love with Sigur Ros all over again
did Psycology homework for 3 straight hours
wore a really cute outfit

5 snacks I enjoy:
tunafish and corn chips
cream cheese and wheat thins
ICECREAM
snickers - the best candybar in existance.
all kinds of fruit

5 songs I know all the words to:
Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
Holiday in Spain - Counting Crows
Tiny Dancer - Elton John
The Wind - Cat Stevens
Just about any (well-known) worship song

5 things I would do with 100 million dollars:
set up orphanages all over South America, Africa, and Eastern Europe with a profusion of skilled workers
support every missionary who asked me
travell the world
start an organization like the peace core but specifically for believers
fly any of my friends anywhere they wanted to go (but first to see me!)

5 places (or people/supreme being really) I would run to:
God
my mummy and my daddy
Rebecca
my sister
Jenny

5 things I would never wear:
Ug boots
more than one item of pink clothing at a time (if that)
an oversized sweater with stretch pants
an entire outfit of one color
bondage pants (though I kind of wanted them when I was punk rock... hopefully you know what I'm talking about or that one sounds pretty weird...)

5 favorite movies:

The Sound of Music
Almost Famous
Dancer Texas, Pop. 81 (if you haven't seen it you should)
Garden State
Napoleon Dynamite (I refuse to give it up just because it got so popular!)

5 Bad Habits:
Biting my finger tips when I'm thinkng
cracking my nuckels (sorry Lori)
dominating conversation
snoring (is that a habit? It's not my fault!)
checking my e-mail too many times in a day

5 things that bring me joy (or happiness, depending on how you define joy and happyness exactly):
my time with God in the morning
phonecalls from friends
sunshine (few things make me as happy as a sunny day)
buying a new cd
a good conversation

5 Fictional Charcters I would date:
Mr. Darcy of Pride and Prejudice (duh)
Matt Damon in the Bourne Identity
The drummer from That Thing You Do
James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause(more because of the actor than the character I admit)
Gilberth Blithe of Anne of Green Gables

8 Comments:

Blogger emelina said...

tiny dancer is like...my favorite song to dance to. and i know all the words too! we should play it and pretend to be ballerinas someday. i think my favorite of all the versions is the one by tim mcgraw.
what's your favorite cover? or do you like the original?

8:47 AM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

I don't have to pretend because I am a ballerina which is what I think endeared the song to me in the first place. I like the origional best, but second best I like the Ben Folds version, though it's the exact same arrangement.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Béthany said...

I share 3 of the 5 fictional characters you would date...

12:44 PM  
Blogger Court said...

I am so with you on Gilberth, my true crush as a child. Him and the guy from my sercert identity. Who I now enjoy watching in crossing jordan.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

um yeah i agree with all your dating choices. and it made me so happy to hear your voice. loves!

5:26 PM  
Blogger emelina said...

Current [always] celebrity older-than-27 crushes: Dominic Monaghan, Owen Wilson
Current celebrity young crush: Tom Welling. Aka Superman.
I would honestly make out with any of them. FOR FREE.

and i'm actually a ballerina, too!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

oh yeah, you are! You are more than I I am! I forgot! I'm sorry. I mix up Ally's friends and I didn't connect that with you. My bad.
it is funny to me that of all the various topics of information shared in that lil thing my datable fictional characters is generating responses. You guys are cute.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you like Ben Fold's cover of Tiny Dancer? I love it.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home