Tuesday, July 03, 2007

...Was blind, but now I see.

My wildest dreams have come true. After 16 years of terrible eye sight, being blind on every occasion of swimming, and not being able to read the clock when I wake up in the morning, I am forever rid of nearsightedness! That's right ladies and gentlemen, I am a successful survivor of this amazing new thing the kids are calling "Lasic Surgery."


The road to full eyesight was a little windy. I went up last Thursday expecting to be fully cured of blindness, but alas they could not secure a good suction on my right eye though they tried repeatedly. As a result only my left eye was fixed and I was more than a little traumatized by the experience. Yesterday, which was Monday, I returned to the Beaverton clinic for a second try on that tricksy right eye, and this time, success! And with none of the fright instilling failures of the first time. Quick and simple and now... I have sight! I wake up in the morning and I can see!


The only downside to this procedure, besides the first few hours of pain, is that it broke the capillaries in both of my eyes causing the whites of my eyes to turn bright red. Over the next few days they will turn yellow, and then green, which has the effect of startling many an unsuspecting customer at my coffee shop, causing my little brothers friends to run away from me in fear, and more than one explanation that I am in fact neither stoned, abused, or possessed by any evil spirit.


The upside is that I have the best boyfriend in the entire world, and he managed to send me a beautiful bouquet of flowers even though he himself is travelling around Argentina and Brazil. Eyesight and flowers from my dearest all in the same day?! I am overwhelmed. The Lord has been good to me indeed.


Is he the sweetest, or what? I can't even believe it.

This is after significant improvement. You should have seen them the first couple days after surgery... Thankfully it didn't happen in my right eye again yesterday...

4 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

AHHH YOU CAN SEE ! HOKIE! that's awesome my dearest pammy...so crazy. i'm happy you can see, and that you got beautiful flowers from your boy and that you scar customers! YAY!!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened this days with you? i would like to know friend.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

pamela, i am SO JEALOUS!! not about the boy part, the eyes part. one day. one...day.

although honestly my face looks naked without my glasses....oh conundrum. how i loathe thee.

1:49 PM  
Blogger ° ÐãVeØ ° said...

Lieutenant Pam, you got new eyes! Magic eyes!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home