Friday, January 04, 2008

The visit.

Usually after a visit to or from my beloved boy I have a post full of exciting pictures documenting all the adventure and excitement the week contained. Michael was here this past week... but I have no pictures, and not just because my camera ran out of batteries.
Michael arrived on Thursday early in the morning, which was nice for me because I got to see him all day long on Thursday, but not so great for him becuase he had to wake up at 3:30am. We both agreed it would be a quiet day and he'd be more up to his usual par the next day after a good night's sleep. This was fine because we had pleanty of plans for adventures in the coming week including staying the night with my family in a cabin in the mountains and snowboarding a couple days, and travelling to either Portland or Seattle for New Years Eve to celebrate the end of 2007 with a bang.
Friday was nice, we went for a run in the pretty Oregon country and were feeling great. Friday night was my Grandma's 87th birthday party at Michael's Landing. Just before we left Michael started feeling a little under the weather, and with a little convincing finally decided he'd better stay back. By the time I returned 2 hours later he was laying in bed completely sick with a full fledged stomach flu. I spent the next day or two rarely leaving his side and trying to keep him hydrated while his body tried it's hardest too do the opposite. After 48 hours he started feeling better.
After 3 days of being stuck in the house we were ready to get out. We'd missed the snowboarding trip, which was quite sad, but we were ready to shake it off and head up to Portland for swing-dancing and more than one meeting of old and dear friends.
1:00am New Years Eve morning, it hit me. From 1am-8am I threw up about a dozen times. Michael then got his chance to take care of me - feeding me crackers dipped in chicken broth and reading Laura Ingles Wilder outloud.
Needless to say there wasn't a lot of adventure or excitement the week of Michael's visit. But we did learn some very important lessons about loving each other, and in the end, that's the most important thing... right?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Right! It is when someone is puking and having diarrhea that you find out whether you really love them :-)

Dad

10:21 AM  
Blogger Béthany said...

Ew. Talk about a whole new intimacy. Who needs sex!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

I liked the fact that we got to see Michael's sick side, which I always knew lurked under the surface. He's really nice, though.
Plus we owe him some socks.

Mom

7:16 PM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

that was my mom, not me... in case it wasn't clear and you cared for some reason...

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home