Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I'm sorry, I really just can't think of anything to write about these days. Aside from narcissitic recounting of events in my life. And somehow this just doesn't seem like the right place to recount deeper more personal things - sending them off into a void where they may be encountered by people I love or by people I don't even know.
It would be nice to write again though. I realized as I was coaching Michael on paper writing today that I haven't been challenged to think or articulate on any sort of an abstract or theoretical level in months and months. I wish I missed it enough to actually just do it on my own... but when does that ever happen?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had to wait more than 30 years for the inspiration to write regularly! So you have done great. As for public journals, yeah, if I was younger I think I might be concerned about the paper trail I left. Can you imagine how much my views, etc. have changed over time?

Dad

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that having an "assignment" is the best way to be inspired to put the work into study and writing. I am studying for my first release-time bible lesson of the year and it feels good to get back into that frame of mind. I get so much more out of the lessons than the students, I'm sure. I'm also preparing a lesson to teach in Sierra Leone in just a week and a half! Yikes!
love, ma

7:52 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

What? Are you serious? At wheaton? What kind of classes do you have then?

8:57 AM  
Blogger Court said...

yeah, girl.
I don't really know what you up to this days because I've been sucked in to the black void of self. But I would love to know. So hook me up with a number via email. and I will call to chat. courtnayclair@hotmail.com

1:24 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

OH come on. You can do it. Possible topics: What did you learn this week? How is life as an RA? Why I want to go to Tanzania and babysit my sister's kid for my Hunger internship. Why I like Michael more than all of you. See. You have so much to say.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home