Thursday, October 20, 2005

Wait something's wrong here....

Ok so it was time for a change. I just got sick of that whole pocka-dotty thing (no offense to anyone else who uses it, obiviously I like it better than most or I wouldn't have picked it in the first place). Also I have a major mid-term tomorrow and I just don't WANT to study. Also I've been trying to get back to Pamela lately... no more of this pam stuff. Not that all of you who call me Pam have to change now, it's too late I realize, I only don't want to confuse future friends who might read this and be all "wait! I thought her name was Pamela!" I mean if that's not confusing I don't know what is. Am I still talking? Oh yeah, that's becuase I don't want to study!
P.S. 10 points to whoever can identify the source of that sub-title. Goodness I'm clever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Béthany said...

t.s. eliot

right?

6:10 PM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Yay! I knew you'd come through Bethany. It's cool because I've always loved Prufrock since we studied it my senior year, then I just read it a bit ago and noticed some new stuff - particularly that line and "I grow old, I grow old, I wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled" and then I just bought this new cd - the sountrack to "A Love Song for Bobby Long" and I realized that title is a take off of "A love song for J. Alfred Prufrock." and on the song on that sound track which is actually called "A love song for bobby long" he uses that line "I grow old..." Did that make sense? It was a cool coincidence for me. Made me feel all smart and cultured cuz I could pick up on the literary allusion. There is also literary illusion in a song by the Decemerists to another TS Elliot poem. I love smart song writing.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home