Friday, December 16, 2005

Home.

Although I do love living with the Moodys in their wonderful portland home there are some things which only home has. Things which I probably never noticed that much before but that now give me a little thrill every time I come home. I would like to share just a few of those things with you.

In no particular order, things I love about being home for Christmas break:

- Not having to lock my car door, or unlock the front door (I don't know if we've ever locked our front door EVER).

- The fact that we celebrate St. Nicholas day (you get you stockings on Dec. 6 so St. Nick is associated with that day instead of Christmas. A stocking must traditionally include: an orange, a gingerbread man, a "toy" this year the Ben Harper and The Blind Boys of Alabama cd, "gold coins" chocolate in reality, "something warm" usually warm socks, and a candy cane.)

- Dancing with my mom in the kitchen to whatever is on the sterio - most recently Ben Harper.

- Making fun of my mom dancing in the kitchen with my little brothers. (who are not so little any more!)

- The fact that we always have at least 2 flavors of ice cream in the freezer (though I do miss the non-fat Nescafe creamer and perpetually filled orange juice pitcher of the Moody's house).

- Our lady neighbors assortment of Christmas cookies that they give us every year.

- Literally not being able to go into town without seeing someone, if not MANY people, I know.

- Seeing Charles all giddy cuz he and his girlfriend are back together. And Sam being happy that I'm home.

-Being able to call my sister with my parent's long distance phone card.

- My mom's AWESOME Christmas decorations and the fact that she saved ornaments for me to put on the tree.

- Drinking wine and watching girl movies with my mummy.

- The BIG suffocating hug I know I'll get from my dad as soon as he gets home from his business trip tonight.

- Jenny and Nicci and Hannah!

- The invitation to the Paul's Place Chistmas party (resturant I worked at my senior year) and just Paul's Place in general. The Beanery too while we're at it. And the fact that you can listen to any cd you want at our Corvallis borders instead of just a few that they pick out.

- There is only ONE main street in my town.

- My house is OUTSIDE of town and is surrouned by trees!

Ok ok, I'll stop.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

- Jenny and Nicci *AND HANNAH

12:27 AM  
Blogger ° ÐãVeØ ° said...

Your house looks and sounds sooo homely and Christmassy. I'm jealous
There won't be any signs of Christmas in my house. Sad, I know.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Sorry babe, my grievous wrong has been righted.
I'm sorry Daveo. You can celebrate it here if you really want to...

8:36 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

hmmmmmmm that all sounds so brilliant! *love love*

4:07 PM  
Blogger Leslie Puiras said...

aww good to be home hey?

And that ben harper cd-- its amazing hey? the harmonies give me goosebumps sometimes.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Court said...

I know how you feel. I spent the morning making ice bowls with my mom for candles to sit on our front steps. I have seen 7 of my near and dears since I have been home as well as my family. The rest of my family starts coming home tomorrow. Love it.
This not to love about the bush. I drove my parents jeep into a deer last night. Dang it 5 years of driving and my first one, which is amazing considering how many their are to hit.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Justin N said...

I'm digging the home thing, but my only qualms come with the fact that I have nothing to do when I am home- well. Not nothing, but more no real responsibilities when I'm home. There is no homework, no reading... Nothing! I think this is the first Christmas where I have been with nothing to be thinking about that is due in a long time. It's sweet. But I don't know what to do with myself. May as well blog huh? haha

6:40 PM  
Blogger smelly kid said...

i didnt mean to offend anyone, i hope this wont hurt our future relationship. i am sorry please forgive me and please dont wast your tears on me. i would be much to hurt to know i made you cry

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home