Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Don't you hate it when...

... people say stuff like "more on that later" and then never follow up? Well it's not that I haven't wanted to I honestly just haven't had a moment's time. I don't really have a moment's time right now (moment's time is a weird phrase... what does it really mean?) but I just really don't want to do any more work at the moment. Also I don't want to forget about what an awesome time I had this weekend and I shurely will in the midst of all this hububb if I don't write about it a little.
So remember that guy I met in my psycology class who went to Capernwray? Yeah- the married one with 3 kids. Well we've gotten to be pretty good friends over the past quarter and as he is a youth pastor he ended up asking if I'd be a leader at his youth group. So we both agreed that a good way for me to check it out would be to come with them on a retreat last weekend to the coast. So I did. It was SO AWESOME. I'm sorry for the use of hyperbole, but it really was. In the true sense of the word. It is so amazing to me that God sat Jay and I next to each other and that we got to be friends and how well I fit with this group of kids and the whole mentality of this church. Another guy named Gerald came and spoke for the weekend - he is also in his late 20's early 30's and is also married with 3 kids. Both Jay and Gerald brought along their wives and kids so it was this super rad environment with adult wisdom, high school frivolity, and little children craziness (me not really fitting exactly in with any category, just enjoying the show). I really learned a lot through the teaching and we had a lot of fun too. We went and did one of those real live scavenger hunts in town were each team had to buy or take pictures of various things. Super wicked. There are pictures of me feeding a seagul out of my hand from that. (but they're on the church camera and not mine so I can't post 'em on here). The weather wasn't great and we mostly stayed inside but it was such a good group even that was fun.
I had some sweet revelations from my own time in the word while on that trip. And I was also very blessed to be used to bring a darling high school girl closer to knowing the Lord. Praise God!
I also attended their youth group last night. It is a small but dynamic little group of kids and I am so excited about what God is doing there. I am also so excited that he brought me into it. Now I'm praying through it before I decide to commit for sure because it's a big commitment and would making pretty difficult for me to get a job next quarter as I had been planning to do... But I am just excited to be in this place right now. To see God's plans being worked out in me and through me. He is so good. I am so blessed.
On a side note my friend Jay literally has the cutest kid I have EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. Like I'm not even kidding, never seen a cuter kid. Bright red curly hair, big round cheeks, big huge freckles, talks with a little boy accent like you wouldn't believe, and one of the funniest personalities ever. Ah Nathan! I will seriously babysit those kids for free. Oh and Jay's wife looks pretty much exactly like Jennifer Gardner. Gorgeous. And so sweet. I don't know how she does it with those 3 kids though man, they're crazy.
ok, I realize that I'm rambling. there was simply no other to do this post. Love you all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

if I had $1,000,000 for everytime a girl said "this is the cutest kid ever. No I mean ever. Seriously!" I'd be a rich man... giving a lot of money to charity for tax breaks.

8:17 AM  
Blogger ° ÐãVeØ ° said...

I know what you mean Schrecky. I'd have about $9,000,000 by now.

I'm so excited for you and your opportunity. I'll be praying that you make the right decision and I know you'll be blessed either way.
Wish I was in your shoes!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

hahahah oh the boys are wise. tee hee, but seriously my nieces and nephews are the cutest kids EVER. haha That is soo cool Pam, what a God ordained opportunity hey! Youth ministry is such a dynamic ministry that always offers so much, and takes so much, but always dynamic! May God totally lead your descision! *yay youth min!* love love

3:56 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

hahahah oh the boys are wise. tee hee, but seriously my nieces and nephews are the cutest kids EVER. haha That is soo cool Pam, what a God ordained opportunity hey! Youth ministry is such a dynamic ministry that always offers so much, and takes so much, but always dynamic! May God totally lead your descision! *yay youth min!* love love

3:56 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

You have pics from the retreat?! I want to see them. hehe. I guess I should walk over to your room, then, huh? hehe.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home