Sunday, November 20, 2005

Good old fashioned journaling.

I didn't actually take this picture today... I took it on Tuesday, but I loved the trees today so I wanted to share them with you all. I love Laurelhurst in the fall - if you ever come to Portland in the fall make sure and go to the Laurelhurst area. So pretty.
I just wanted to post a little thank you to my Lord for making such a lovely day today. It was actually rather stinging cold, but the events were lovely, and the bright sunshine was lovely - even if not warm. I slept in till 9:30 (my personal FAVORITE time of day to get up) then got to church by 11. I met a nice girl at church, we were both flying solo today and sitting in our pew alone Before the service so we met each other. She was really nice. Then I spent a couple hours downtown. I browsed around Powells (one of the largest new and used bookstores... in the world I think... it's huge anyway) had a panini in their coffee shop where I read my freshly purchased $0.60 book of Poe short stories and my bible (funny combo I realize... it works in Portland though) then I looked around a couple vintage shops nearby, found about the hottest dress ever... I couldn't buy it because it was too hot actually, plus I don't have any money. Then at 4 I met Allison and her friend Emily at the theater and we watched the new Harry Potter, which was very good and it made me happy to see Allison so excited! Then Ally and I came back to our house and ate omelets and talked for a while. Then I did the dishes and now I'm posting on my blog.
So... there's nothing there that should really interest anyone to read... but I just wanted to thank God for the little things and the lovely days that make this life not only bearable but really enjoyable!

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma Rose said...

Mmm thank you Pamela! :) I was thinking something similar about trees, but I am obviously to lazy to post my own thoughts. So I am reading yours, and they are making me smile.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home