Monday, January 14, 2008

New. Classes.

Sometimes the new just scares me. I know it's not very hip to admit it, but it's true. Even when it's a very familiar new, such as my 12th new term of college (just 2 more to go after this one! and yes, that includes some years with trimesters). Still, the unknown factors loom ahead, never failing to bring a good share of anxiety along with them.
That said, when the rational side of my brain is functioning properly, I'm really looking forward to this new semester. I'm taking:
-Anthropology of Global Christianity - potentially the coolest class I've ever taken. My favorite professor basically chose his favorite students (or at least oldest) to be in a class on his favorite subject matter, which I also happen to be extremely interested in as well. It's going to be good.
-Christian Thought - the Gen Ed. historical/systematic theology class. My professor seems great, and we're reading a Latin American theologian to boot!
-HNGR Field Research Methods - with all of the outgoing interns on that big internship I have coming up. We're all friends with each other so that should be fun.
-Bi-Culturalism - not the best, but at least it's Anthro and I have friends in it.
-Craft of Anthropology - also not the best but at least it's Anthro and Michael's in it.

P.S. I'm not taking 5 classes at once, 2 of them are half a semester long so it's only 4 at a time.
P.P.S. I'm planning to go to California with Michael for Spring Break, which was already exciting enough, but I just found out today that my beloved Beckers and Chaz are going to be moving there the week before we come so I'll get to see them too!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

mmm - Anthropology of Global Christianity sounds fantastic. i'll be watching for posts about what you're learning in that class for sure.
when do you leave on your HNGR thing?

8:53 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Bi-culturalism? Is that like what's going to happen to Daniel? (I know, not exactly, but...). If there is any relevance, you can think about your duties as an aunt and perhaps this will inspire you to take copious notes...Love you. There's a huge wedding in our hotel tonight so I don't know how much we're going to sleep...

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home