Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Finishing.

Well the time has come, and the end is here. In 5 days I will board a plan bound for the U.S. and leave this place that has been my home. While I have to admit that more than anything I am really excited about this (Michael will be meeting me at the airport), I am also happy to say that I feel I am ending well. I am glad to know that I am leaving people who I will miss and who will miss me in turn. I have learned so much, and though it has been a struggle, things at my job are ending very positively as well.

I don't know how much I've detailed it on this blog, but the work I have been doing here has been developing, distributing, and analyzing a survey to gather information about the Evangelical Church in Nicaragua. It has been quite the process, but in the end, it has turned out really well. I have worked hard these last three weeks on compiling all of the surveys we collected, and then going through the information and drawing it into some analysis. Although there were times when it didn't seem possible, I have actually ended up with a positive contribution to the Nehemiah Center and to the "Healthy Church Project" I've been working on with a team of Nicaraguan pastors. I think the best way to sum up this experience is that in my time here I have overcome some big obstacles, and I feel proud of that, and I have been defeated and beat down by other obstacles, and I learned more about myself and my weaknesses through that, so I am thankful for that too. I have also learned so much from the Nehemiah Center and by working on this project about about myself, about the world, and about God's Kingdom. I leave with a new vision for the church as an agent of transformation in society (to borrow Rene Padilla's inspiring title). Though it has been a difficult journey I am leaving with a sure knowledge that I have grown in both knowledge and character through this experience. Thank you all who have journeyed with me through it.

Love,

Pamela

6 Comments:

Blogger Michael Kolbas said...

I'm so proud of you, that you persevered through what seemed like impossible obstacles at work, and that you made such an effort to form relationships with people even though it was difficult because you could rarely leave the house at night. How wonderful that you can finish having learned such valuable lessons, but also that contributed and finished well at work and know that you will be missed. Praise the Lord! I can't wait to see you.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And how is your spanish?

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am proud of you too. and thankful for you. and going to miss you! come on... aren't you going to miss your boss's sweet dance moves enough to make you stay???

9:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, Pamela. I can hardly believe you girls are finishing up your internships. I have been praying for you and will especially be praying in these next few weeks of wrapping things up and transitioning back to life in the U.S. I hope I'll get to see you sometime early in 2009!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

rock on pamela. That was a very encouraging post to read. All the best in returning home ooh and i'm stoked you have a new vision for the church, she's broken but beautiful. Love you dear one.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Béthany said...

you know, some people still read this, even though you aren't in exotic lands anymore.

*ahem*

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home