Wednesday, October 08, 2008

October.

September has come and gone without much flourish or excitment. October is now here, and things are picking back up. Here is a quick run-down.

October has been:
-Recovering from a bad case of the flu. (And before you say that I've been sick the whole time I've been here, let me remind you that I've been here over 4 months and have only been sick 3 times. It's been unfortunate, but not as bad as it seems).
-Working out housing for next Spring. (8 girls, one house, and much vegitarianism and feminism to be had by all this coming January).
-Finishing teaching the dance to the youth at church (with a few more kinks to work out).
-Starting to enter the data from the surveys onto one VERY LARGE spread-sheet.

October will be:
-A week long trip to Guatemala with 3 other HNGR interns: Sheryl who is here in Nicaragua and lives an hour from me, David who works in Honduras, and Austin who works in Guatemala and has happily organized an adventurous and eventful week of sight seeing, nature exploring, and generally being rich American tourists which we are all very much looking forward to! (Oct. 10-20).
-Lots of meetings in the office during the week I get back, including presenting one more time to the board of pastors. (Oct. 21-25)
-Preforming the dance for the church with the youth. (Oct. 27)
-3 days with an STM team from the states in a rural community in the North of the country (my pen and notebook will be busy!) (Oct. 28-30)
-Trying on my wedding dress and having final adjustments made! (whenever I can fit it in after I get back!).

3 Comments:

Blogger Elleah said...

Sounds like it's going to be a fun and busy month!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

when are you actually getting married?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

Sound like you're living an adventure my dear Pamela! Perhaps not glamerous but an adventure!

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home