Saturday, July 12, 2008

Just life.

The last couple of weeks have been pretty relaxed. I've done that travelling I mentioned, but little else besides. I haven't been in the office much because it was vacation this week and there was some miscommunication last week. I didn't do much when I did travell either, but it was good to see new things and sit in on some workshops. Except the one day when we travelled 6 hours to Omitepe, only to discover no one knew we were coming, and so we turned around and went straight back. 11 hours of travelling for no reason. But... could be worse.

Besides that I've been mostly hanging out at home - going for walks, watching movies with Wendy, helping out Nana (a little bit), and playing Mario Cart with Ruben and Gabrielito. It has been slow paced, and I'll look forward to getting back to work next week, but the Lord has been teaching me new things, and in general life's been pretty good. Here are some pictures.
This is from Omitepe, when I was there for 5 minutes.
This is the Island of Omitepe from the ferry we took to get there.
This is me living the hard life with Wendy (right) and our neighbor Cathy.
And these are my host brothers: Gabrielito (who's 4), and Ruben (who's 11). They're pretty cute.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Kolbas said...

That island looks so nice! Too bad you were only there for a few minutes... It nice to see some of the people you talk about. They always look different than I'd imagine.
-Michaelcito

8:39 PM  
Blogger A. E. Stewart said...

PAM!!! Man...you're so freaking cool- I wanna be you!
I might consider toning that down a bit... Anways its good to see what you're up to!
Much Love!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

So cute! wow... some internship man.. mario cart, islands.. hehe :) I'm glad to hear God is teaching you stuff and you're connecting with people. Yay!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a really good time there:)
Atte:
Estupido

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home