Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Michael W Smith

Three times a week I attend chapel. I usually enjoy it, but I have to admit, I go largely because it's required. But yesterday, although still required, it was far from a chore. Michael W. Smith, husband of Wheaton alum (and HNGR alum) Debbie Smith, preformed for us, and encouraged us with the words only a dorky middle aged dad could impart. It was sweet, nostalgic, and downright enjoyable.

P.S. we confirmed that I'm going to Nicaragua yesterday. And the more I learn about this internship, the more exciting it sounds.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you had gotten his autograph for me and had told him that I have been a fan subce 1983 when I saw him in a H.S. gym in Eugene.

love, ma

8:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Cuz,

I've got some rad service connections in Nicaragua. Let me know if you are interested in connecting with a community run, technical-communications school for local youth. It might be a little off the gird in terms of what your service goals are (but you would know better than I, given that I don't know what your service goals are) but connections are connections and you never know when they will come in handy.
-Kate

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home