Friday, March 28, 2008

Waiting.

For all those curious and concerned friends out there: I still haven't found out where I am going for the six month internship I am going on this summer and next fall. We're still looking at two places in Central America, but communication is slow to say the least. If it is something you've been keeping track of, I will certainly inform everyone as quickly as possible as soon as I know, and please keep me and the placement in your prayers in the mean time. It's getting pretty frustrating at this point. I am possibly the very last unplaced person of our group of 29 outgoing interns at this point... and it would really be nice to know where I'll be spending those quickly approaching six months. The Lord knows, it will be fine... it would just be nice to know.
Thanks to all who've been asking!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have great news. An opening just came up at "The Kid's Kloset" in Philomath, Oregon, USA. There is a family near there that is willing to house you and even feed you. For this to work you should speak a little Spanish and be willing to work with families that are going through difficulties financially and otherwise. What do you think?

7:33 PM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

I'll keep that in mind. If all else fails...

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In that same location there is an opportunity to minister love and attention to elderly people and also kids who are needing to know Jesus and middle aged people who need help with household chores.
Could this opportunity be what God has for you?

5:22 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

wow that is pretty stressful. :( i'll keep that in my prayers. central america would be fantastic! where is michael going?

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved reading your blog and how well you are liking Nicaragua and that you feel safe. I have been praying for you and Michael to have a good start to your HNGR program and both of you seem to be adjusting well to your new communitites. Looking forward to keeping up and will keep you in the loop if anything new happens here in Southern California.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pamela,
This is great...we can keep up with the both of you even though you are countries apart...oh these new fangled gagets! Glad you got there ok and it sounds like you are getting by. In just a few months you will get used to the weather and stop sweating.Oh what a relief that will be. I am glad to be able to follow your progress and will be praying for you both. Dennis

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home