Monday, June 30, 2008

Places and Pictures

Well, my last week of work was spent sitting in the office either in meetings, workshops, or creating a giant spreadsheet that was driving me crazy. However the tides have turned and I am now apparently some what of a travelling fiend!




On Saturday I went to Granada. It is probably the most touristy town in Nicaragua, which is because it's beautiful, and historic. It one of the two origional captials of Nicaragua during the Colonial era (Leon was the other). Here are some pictures:

This is Sheryl - a friend of mine from Wheaton college who is doing the HNGR program in another city in Nicaragua - and I at the top of a Cathedral which overlooks the city.
Granada is full of brightly painted houses and beautiful foliage.


In this picture is Pamela, Sheryl and Pamela. Pamela is my co-worker at the Nehemiah Center. Therefore every time I am introduced to someone new the response is almost invariably, "oh! otra Pamela!"

This is the church which we climbed to the top of. It is a physical display of the war and violence which have shaken this country time and time again since its very conception.


I am also heading off on several more trips in the next week and a half. Here is a map to help you visualize:


I live in Managua - #10
Last weekend I went to Granada - #6
On Wed. I am going on an overnight trip with work to that Island inside the really big Lake. It's called Omitepe.
On Sunday I'm going with work to Leon - #8
From Tuesday - Wed. of next week I'll be in Chinandega - #3
In a little over 2 weeks I'm going on a STM trip with my church to Juembes, which I think is somewhere in #17.

Even if iam mostly just tagging along while other people do actual work - here's to getting to know the country of Nicaragua!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the Pics. Also, great idea with the map, the names meant nothing to me until you showed how they fit on the map. Traveling all over with people doing serious work, that sounds very, very cool.

I love you Plammy.

Dad

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home