Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hospital Stay

Hello friends,
I am back home after spending 48 hours in the hospital. It really wasn't as serious as that sounds, but we just haven't been able to get this sickness under control so they wanted to keep an IV with fluids and antibiotics going into me for a couple of days. I am no longer having symptoms, but now I am really weak; 8 days worth of basically no nutrients in my body is really catching up with me. I can only eat a little bit at a time, but I think I will try to start eating something small every hour or two so that I can build my stomach back up to being able to handle food again. I will continue taking antibiotics and Imodium for the next few days. The doctor really things it's just normal traveller's diarrhea, just a more severe case. Hopefully I will regain strength quickly and be able to actually start my internship soon!
Thanks for the prayers and concern, I think it has made a huge difference.
with Love,
Pamela

1 Comments:

Blogger Elleah said...

SO glad to hear you're getting better and that it's nothing serious!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home