Sunday, July 27, 2008

Prayer Requests.

I have had a hard time being very open on my blog lately, because I just don't know who reads it anymore. But since a lot of you are my dear friends and this is the way I told you I'd communicate over HNGR, I think I should use this space for a few honest prayer requests.

True things are much different than they were those terrible first two weeks here. I've gained comfort and am finding a place, and I praise the Lord for that. However, things haven't been always easy either. These are some difficult things I need prayer for right now:

Please pray that I will find a friend who will be open with me about her pains and joys and who will invite me to be open with her about mine. I'm slowly growing more comfortable with people, though I still have a ways to go on even that, but I am starting to long for something more than just not feeling awkward. I long for someone to notice when I'm hurting and to reach out to me, but despite my best efforts I haven't found this person yet.

Please pray that I will resolve difficulties in my job, be able to communicate with my boss despite very different communication styles, and that I will understand the work they want me to do. It's hard to explain, but there are some big cultural differences that can make aspects of my work really frustrating. They have a tendency to throw a lot of information at me without any background, and to explain things circularly not linearly, which leaves me confused and often frustrated. This has been hard in the past, but now it is a matter of throwing around fluid concepts which I am supposed to understand concretely enough to write an effective survey, and expecting me to start doing things when I'm still trying to figure out what they want me to do. I feel trapped by not being able to understand and by not being able to get things explained well. To be honest I'm dreading going to work tomorrow.

Pray that in lonliness I will continue to seek the Lord and find rest in him. I want to live these moments, not just push through them. Pray for a patience that is rooted in hope that will allow me to do this. All too often I feel like I'm still just checking off the days and weeks until I'm done.

Thank you.
With love,
Pamela

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I get the impression that one of the hardest things about serving far from home is separation from the web of people who provide support when times are hard. There is also the difficulty of explaining why times are hard, when one's situation is so radically different from those back home.

I love you, Pamela. Of course I will pray specifically about these things.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Thank you for sharing, Pamela. I'm so glad to know what's going on with you there and how to pray... it's got to be really difficult doing what you're doing there. I'll be praying! xxx

10:02 AM  
Blogger More Dorrs said...

you got it schnake.

-beka

11:27 PM  
Blogger DORRPOSTS said...

Glad you opened your heart, Pamela. Please know that people at home love you and are praying for you, especially now that we know more specifically what to pray for!

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pamela. I haven't been keeping up, but I'll start checking on your blog.

Shane and I are totally in Portland right now, but we don't have a place yet. We ought to by Friday, but if not we'll have to try not to die of exhaustion and over-priced unhealthy fast food before we get another place. I guess you could say we're HNGRy... Sorry... but I can't wait to see you and Michael when you both get back :).

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home