Thursday, August 04, 2005

Como estas el banio?

Maybe I should clarify, why I say "adventuring around Mexico" I mean... I went to Tijuana and built a house. That's not really "around Mexico" I know... I think I was pretty tired when I wrote that. Anyway - it was cool we took a group of 10 high schoolers and 2 other leaders in an extremely ghetto 15 passenger van hauling a U-Haul. Yes. We did break down. Twice. It sucked. Aside from the breaking down, running out of water once, not having quite enough food, and working long days in the blistering heat it was a grrrreat trip! No, seriously though, the circumstances did suck much of the time... waiting around for hours for the van to be fixed in a dusty campground with no shade, driving 24 hours down to and up from the border with NO airconditioning... these things were unpleasant and uncomfortalbe - but what made the trip rock was the kids. I'm not even just saying that. They were totally awesome. All of them had just great attitudes the whole time and were just rockstars in everyway - though generally I would never use that term to describe someone because I think it sounds really stupid I feel that it applies in this situation.
They kicked butt on building the house, which was the main thing that we went down there to do. It usually takes 4 days to build one and we got it most of the way done in 2. We got put 2 days behind because of the various break downs of our van - one in LA and one in Tijuana. I'm really sorry if I'm misspelling Tijunana, I'm never really sure on that one, although I should be cuz I've been there multiple times. Oh well.
The other great thing about those high school kids, besides their terrific attitudes and hard work, was their amazing sense of humor. A couple guys on the trip - one kid in particular, were just HILARIOUS. So funny. So it made the difficult circumstances just that much more bearable.
But, as I stated before, the biggest factor to us making it alive through this trip, much less coming away with pleasant memories, is that God is TOTALLY awesome and was so faithful to us all the time, even in the moments when we did grumble and complain and wish for death rather than one more moment in that stinking hot van. Oh wait, that was mostly just me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Béthany said...

That title just pains me deeply.

How are you the bathroom?

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home