Saturday, April 22, 2006

Norn. Irish Lovin.


What a dream of a friday. A whole day spent with my very favorite Norn. Irish dream boat - Jonathan Wilson himself, in the flesh! And a whole evening with not just him but Danny and Caleb as well! What more could a girl ask for. We had a lovely day - it was great to show off Portland on such a nice sunny day. Here's a rundown of events... not because you probably care particularly much but I just had such a lovely time I simply must share about it!
-I met up with Jon and Ben (Thomas) at Multnomah Bible College where Ben gave us the grand tour.
-Jon and I had REAL Mexican food for lunch(which is no novelty for me... but it most definetly was for this lil' European Mexican-deprived boy).
-We parked at Loyd Center and took the Max down town.
-Walked along the river front.
-Checked out a great lil record shop on Burnside and I bought the new Belle and Sebastian (which I am listening to right now. Glorious).
-Walked up to Powells Bookstore and browsed its magnificence.
-Shopped a little in Red Light.
-Sat and talked for about 2 hours at Pete's Tea and Coffee.
-Met up with Caleb and Danny in Danny's hot convertable and had delicious and oh-so-hip Mac-n-cheese at the Montage. (to the right is our left-overs. Jon got a scorpion, I got a squirrel, and Danny got a snail. The picture doesn't do them justice)
-then we hopped on over to the Bagdhad Theater, where they show movies for cheap, where there just happened to be a live Comedy Tour starting exactly when we got there. Two hours of live stand-up for $3, can't beat it.
-Drove back to Danny's and chilled at his ever accomodating home.
-Awoke Saturday morning to a delicious meal prepared by Danny's amazing mother for us and watched Saturday morning cartoons (the Jetzens) together.
-Hugged (got licked by Jon...) and said our goodbyes (sniff). I really love these boys. They are my brothers. Thank you God for such wonderful brothers. What a wonderful redeeming end to my week of being sick in bed!

7 Comments:

Blogger Béthany said...

new belle and sebastian? glorious? sounds like you're bringing it down with you when you come

4:43 PM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

But of course!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful day indeed, and what a great weekend to have it!! And, Traveling mercies!! OMGoodess, Anne Lamott is my favorite, although I haven't gotten her latest book yet. And of course, they don't carry it in the christian book store. I think because she uses the f word. Or is it because she switches back and forth from He to She referring to God....what do you think?

6:34 PM  
Blogger kaylie said...

i was wondering when Jon would start showing up on people's doorsteps, i knew he was in the country. glad you got to see him.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pamela,

I was very happy to read your post about the glorious Friday. It is hard when you are sick, because I love you and want to help you, but there is little that I can do. And even the little that I can do, I screw up sometimes, such as when I got all grouchy with you because you couldn't remember the ingredients of various cold medications.

I love you Plamea Joy!

Dad

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy you had a good time.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

haa that's where all my clothes went this weekend. ;) (actually, rose had some, too, that i wasnt aware of) aw... so fun... yaay....

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home