Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Pulling out my hair.

Just give me a second to rant here. What the flippin' heck Wheaton?! What is your flipping problem?! No this is not the rant of rejection, this is the rant of waiting to hear if I'm in or not for the past SIX FLIPPING MONTHS!!!! Holy crap, how hard is it to process an application! How hard is it to NOT LIE about your notification deadline! If you say April 1 MEAN April 1 not freaking April 10!! And who the heck doesn't notify over the phone?! In this day and age who the heck makes you wait for a flipping letter when they're sitting right there knowing full well weather you are in or not TALKING TO YOU ON THE PHONE! Who does that to a kid! Who? WHEATON! Flippin beuracracies. Ug.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Yay sister comments covering my blog! What a lovely treat! You guys are both hilarious. I love my family. Oh and yes, I DID brave the snow and cold and snowboard! Hoorah! Fortunately for me it was about the first snow I had actually touched all year long. Dear Lord please don't make me marry a Norwegian, Love, Pamela.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pamela,

Why should they respond quickly and treat you with respect. You are only offering to give them $35K a year. You are only giving them the opportunity to have a student with a superb background and well defined interests. You will only spend 3 or 4 extremely important years of your life there!
Meanwhile, they are really busy polishing up brochures and web sites to chum for more people who will be willing to fork over that kind of cash for that kind of treatment.

Sorry kid, welcome to the "real" world "on a good day".

Dad

1:17 PM  
Blogger Court said...

Glad to see some subjects still stir the pam pot.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its called rolling admission and privacy laws.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Well thanks anonymous but it just so happens that we know the admissions director at Oregon State and they sure have no problem telling people over the phone. Plus, I was just venting my current frustration - it's really no big deal. But I think I still might agree with my mom ;-)

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home