Monday, June 19, 2006

Quick update.

I feel as though I should post, but I havn't really much to say... which probably means I shouldn't post but, you know, when in Rome...
So this week is the final whirl of craziness before I head South - moving out of the Moody's and back into my parents house for just long enough to pack it all up again and head off to Ecuador! I'm so incredibly excited. That's right suckas, 5 full weeks with our most beloved dearest Bethany Horne! I leave on Thursday. I just found out I'll be teaching English to the Kindergarten class and assisting in the other elementary school grades as well as helping get the sponsored children to be writing letters to their sponsor families back in the states and canada. I am so excited to learn about and from this new culture and to meet so many new people. I am excited to see what the Lord has in store.
It's going to be kind of crazy though - I mean, I don't really speak spanish, I only took it for this last year, and everything will be QUITE different from what I am used to. I am really confident that the Lord will totally provide all that I need and am surprizingly at peace about it all (much more so than when I normally do this kind of thing) but I would also really appreciate any prayers you can spare! I know that the Lord will work through me all the more strongly as people pray - I don't know why he works that way, but I believe that he does.
I love you guys and I appreciate you all more than you could know!

2 Comments:

Blogger Béthany said...

pammy, i really AM looking forward to you coming. i am going through a weird stage right now, swinging from cynicism to utter hope, from bitterness to joy, every day, every day.

it doesnt feel real, that i will be seeing you soon. you will be the first person from the capernwray stage of life to enter into the little world of Bastion I have all set up around me...might feel weird for me for a sec, but wonderful too. oh man, wonderful :)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dude, thats my SISTER. hey, bubbers! (heeheehee...embarassing...FOR YOU!)

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home