Friday, January 05, 2007

Obla-dee Obla-da

I found myself in an odd place of limbo this Christmas break (in general the break has been been decent, not great, but not bad either). I spent time with my Grandparents who could pretty much pass away any time now (they're not doing well healthwise), with my sister who could give birth at any time, and attended a wedding. I've talked with one friend about her difficult break up, and with another about an exciting new prospect. I've had some great days talking to the Lord, and some where I barely acknowledged his existance. I've read a couple masterpieces of modern literature (albiet short ones - Slaughterhouse 5 by Vonnegut, and The Man Who Was Thursday by Chesterton) and I've spent some days doing nothing but watch tv. So when people ask me how my break was I say, oh you know, it was decent, not great, but not bad either. So it goes.

And now I return to school. To the land of 10 degrees F with a windchill factor of -2, of studying endlessly breaking only for meals, of never watching movies but always reading textbooks... yet somehow i'm looking forward to it. What can I say? I'm a nerd? Maybe. Or maybe I'm just attending a great school with some great people and I like it. Is that so wrong?

Oh, and my New Year's resolution is: to be perfect. (I figure if I set one that I will break right away it saves me the trouble of being disapointed with myself 2 months from now).

2 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

pamela dear pamela. how was vonnegut?? I've yet to read any of his stuff...hmm good way to describe break.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In answer to your general question: Yes, I do read you. I love talking with you when you are here, but I also love reading your blog!

I tell people at HP that my holiday time was a real mixed bag. You letter sums up some great examples.

We just visited Julia and Viggo. Mirryum(I forget the exact spelling) and Heather showed up and we all went out for coffee together (with Julia in the wheelchair of course).

Love,
Dad

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home