Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Virginia is For Lovers.

I'm home from one of the best weeks of my life! A full 7 days speant never more than 20 feet away from my darling Rebecca Beers- we even slept in the same bed - and hardly any time away from our darling Chazzy too. What beautiful people! How am I so blessed to have them as friends?! I will publish pictures later but am still having computer problems so I'll just recount some highlights for now. Probably my favorite was fulfilling my life long dream of learning to surf. She lives right on the beach and we speant hours bobbing in the waves and having Chaz help us catch em to ride. I never rode a full wave standing up but I got to my feet twice and I got a couple sick rides on my knees. Not bad for my first 2 days of surfing in my life... of course if I had been paddling into them on my own rather than Chaz holding the board till the right moment and then pushing me into the wave I never would have gotten anything but I think it still counts. Then there is sunrise, Rebecca's parent's breakfast and lunch resturant where I got to eat for free which has the worlds best chocolate chip pancakes and 2nd best burgers (sorry... I always have to put Paul's Place first, it's the rules of being an ex-employee, I risk my life by saying any different). I made a couple terrific clothing purchases including a pair of jeans from TJ Mac's orgionally $145 sold to me for just $29.95 and a perfect black t-shirt from, yes it's true, H & M (insert squealing noises from all the west-coast-ex-europe girls reading this here).
Rebecca and I speant a LOVELY day in Richmond. I'll be sure to include pictures of that. The best part of that was taking our picnic into this gorgeous grandeous park and praying together just like old times under a giant Magnoila tree the branches of which touched the ground. We were sad Heidi couldn't meet us in Richmond though, it didn't work out. (btw Heidi, not to make it even worse but we hung out with Becca's friend Joel who publishes The Drama and he gave me 2 free copies and is totally rad, I really wished you could've been there for that). We celebrated my birthday the night I got in and then we celebrated Rebecca's birthday for the next 2 nights after that (she turned 23, not 16 and many of her customers as Sunrise guessed). There is much more I can't even begin to go into. Oh - if any of you ever stumble across the game Quiddler buy it, then throw away the directions of how they say to play it and e-mail Me, Rebecca, or Chaz for the right, fun, way to play it.
I really don't think I could have had a better birthday present. Thanks mom and dad! Thank you soooo much!

Oh, as long as I'm posting I have a crazy story to tell which is post Virginia. So I flew in last night and then my mom brought me up my car this morning and i took her to the airport (ally lives like 10 minutes away from the airport... so if any of ya'll fly into Portland you know who to call to get picked up!) and we decided to stop at Starbucks on the way. Now this was an unlikely occurence for 2 reasons: 1, we really didn't have time to but just needed coffee, and 2, I generally refuse to "use" starbucks as a rebellion against all they generally stand for (although I must admit, they do make some dang good mochas). So we're sitting in there for a couple minutes chatting when who comes and taps my shoulder but Amy from Tauernhof!! Those of you who don't know, amy was a kitchen girl at t-hof. She's 25, gorgeous, AMAZING, and was the mom of my family group as well as one of my favorite people who came to Romania. She just flew in from Austria to Seattle and is in Portland for like TWO DAYS visiting her brothers at Multnomah before she goes home to ALASKA where she's from! How amazing that we ran into each other!! Ah, I love Amy, I love Rebecca, and yes Chaz, I love you too! God is so good to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home