Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Happy Ears.

Cds I have either bought or been given (burned copies of) in the past week and a half:
Sigur Ros - Takk
Cat Power - Moon Pix*
and You*
Johnny Cash - American Songs
Gillian Welch - Revival
The Kings of Leon - Youth and Young Manhood
Soundtrack - A Love Song for Bobby Long
Ryan Adams - Jacksonville City Nights*
Joy Electric - Massacre*
An amazing mix*


*Indicates cds given to me by my friend Jake.
The rest, except Sigur Ros, are the products of a trip to boarders with my dad - I helped him pick out 2 I thought he'd like (Johhny Cash and Gillian Welch) and he let me pick out 2 for myself (he's so nice!). Sigur Ros I got last wednesday in a moment of weakness - I haven't bought a single cd since my birthday and before that not since at least July. Needless to say my ears are VERY happy... but a little overwhelmed... they're all so good I never know which to pick at any given moment! Oh yeah, and this is an abnormal occurance... as I've been really very frugal and good for a long time now and haven't been buying hardly anything! I guess... as the saying goes... When it rains it pours. A happy girl writes this - as I think I've said before, who said money doesn't bring happiness?! Money buys music!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jón Magnús said...

HIP HIP HOORAY for Sigur Rós-Takk (thank you in Icelandic) and for Icelandic music! That a girl Pammy baby..that a girl!

10:23 PM  
Blogger ° ÐãVeØ ° said...

Sigur Rós is Icelandic??
What a loser... heh
J slash K

10:32 AM  
Blogger Béthany said...

wow...if you come visit me, do bring music. i havent heard a new cd in...oh...8 months?

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home