Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Aw, liddle brudder!!

I feel like Anita, Patrick Fugit's big sister in Almost Famous, when she gave him her record collection when she left home and he became a great enthusiast and one of the nations youngest rock journalists as a result (yes it is a fictional story, but don't kill my joy).

My brother has started listening to good music! Influenced dually by me and his friend Walker, and some of his own taste as well... he is now about to dive into the world of rock 'n roll. Welcome my boy, welcome. You have made the right choice. I will show you the path's beginning but then you must find your own way from there. May the journey be safe from harm and your taste be unwavering - may you never fall prey to the evils of Europop or raido-country. And most of all may you never be consumed by this journey but rather by the Lord who gave us this wonderful gift of music (which so many fellow believers have so horribly abused!).

He called me tonight to ask the name of the other band that the lead singer of Death Cab started (postal service) and then asked if I owned, a bunch of really good bands which I mostly do own. He's already been into White Stripes, Weezer, and some 70's rock for a while, this was a new step forward, and I feel so proud!
love you Sam!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pamela,

Sam started by listening to The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, and the Beatles. I think it would be difficult for you to imagine how it felt for me to hear my 14 year old son blasting music that I listened to 35 - 40 years ago or more. Imagine if in 1964 I had started listening to music that had been very popular in 1924!

Dad

7:22 AM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Well Dad, did you see the music I got for Christmas? Ella and Loui, Billie Holiday, Johnny Cash - even Rufus Wainright is the son of Lauden - I didn't go quite as far as 1924 but I did predate you be quite a bit!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Weezer = beverly hills = aweful

12:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pamela,

Very good point.

Dad

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought I would let you know it isn't a fictional story, Cameron Crowe based the movie on his real life experiences.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home