Saturday, February 18, 2006

James 1:27



I was so proud of our youth group today. We had our monthly(ish) homless outreach today where we go downtown and hand out sacklunches and today we also handed out coffee, apple cider, hotchocolate, and coats and hats and gloves as well because let me tell you it was FREAKING FREEZING OUTSIDE. But hey, they have to live in it, the least we can do is show a little love. I really love working with homelss people, they are so nice and receptive. I don't really know why people think they're scary and weird... I mean I used to think that, but really as far as I've experienced very few are, most are really tender and nice. So thanks God for letting us partner in your work today! And good job high schoolers at getting in there and getting it done!




(This one's just to prove to you that it really was stinking cold out.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pamela,

This is proof positive that God is working in you and through you. I say that because I know how much you HATE standing around in cold weather. I love you.

Dad

8:53 PM  
Blogger Court said...

I enjoy seeing God stir the passion that you have in your heart for the needy.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home