Saturday, March 04, 2006

Nerds.

I spent the better part of my weekend at a Robotic's Club competition. You don't know what the term "nerd" means until you've been to a Robotic's competition. You don't know how big of a nerd YOU actually are until you thoroughly enjoy a robotic's club competition.
I went to cheer on my brother's team from PHS, and to hang out with my brother. Both of which were surprizingly fun. But I've got to admit, as much as I enjoyed watching the robots knock each other over and score points by getting the balls into the goals... by far the more enjoyable part of the event were the sheer number of people there were to make fun of. Making fun of people is fun. Has anyone else noticed this?

3 Comments:

Blogger Janice said...

yeah. sometimes i feel bad about making fun of people. but i make just as much fun of myself, i mean, we're all walking time bombs of embarrassment one way or another. stuff happens. things like robotics conventions, or bad hairdays, or shoes that make you trip or some people just have really unfortunate taste in shoes. life would be boring without all of that.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

no. never.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pamela,

Hey, so how about Nerd jokes in the vein of Redneck Jokes:

You may be a nerd if you know that there is a kind of pie without the e.

You are an extreme nerd if you know the first seven digits of Pi.

(And you are an extreme redneck if you let your 14 year old daughter smoke in front of her kids).

You are talking to Mom on the phone as I write this. It is one of those very weird technology moments that keep happening.

Love

Dad
aka Kent

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home