Monday, June 19, 2006

for movie nerds only.

Hold the phone. How the HECK did Alias get both Quinten Tarantino and David Carradine to guest star on the show? They used Quinten Tarantino for two shows (the best and most hilarious two shows of Alias I believe I have seen yet). Seriously though, these are two of the busiest guys in the movie biz that I can think of - Quinten Tarantino not only writes, produces, and directs his own scripts, he is also responsible for bringing countless Asian films to the states and into international spotlight. David Carradine has been in 194 movies! What the heck? Not to mention Christian Slater for an extended appearance. I mean it's a cool show and all... but is it really THAT cool? JJ Abrams doesn't seem to be particularly connected with any of these guys... I keep noticing them popping up as I watch through the seasons (almost done with season two) and I keep being increasingly confused by it. I guess TV shows are fun to act in?
The guy at the video store was talking to me about Alias today - I've been renting them from him all week. I asked him if he'd watched them on dvd, "Oh heck yes," he said, "it's like heroine!" I think this is one of the more accurate analogies I've encountered in my life.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no it's not that cool, pamela. but back in the day, it was that cool. oh yes, it most definitely was.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Court said...

Pam details for tomorrow are on my blog and there will be more to come.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

well, the only two things i can think of:

they made them a monetary offer they couldn't refuse.

or

those guys actually like the shows. you know like they watch it when it's on and say to themselves, "i need to get on that show." and so they call the producers and see what they can get.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Yes it was that cool back in the day. Before Jennifer got pregnant from stupid Ben Afflack. Alas it will never be again.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Court said...

Morning Sunshine

7:00 AM  
Blogger smelly kid said...

there is a few people at camp from kravales (not sure of the correct spelling) and one of them knows you family and she says she had a crucsh on adam and she knows you mom cool huh

1:21 PM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

really? what´s her name?

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home