Monday, July 17, 2006

Too much for only words

So I´ll use pictures.

This is me and Alexis And Bethany. I love Alexis. He´s my favorite of the park boys (but don´t tell the others).

This is us with a few of the park boys sitting at the park. That´s Miguel next to me. He´s extremely good looking. We had these boys over for dinner last week. It was fun. Good kids. That´s Chamo next to Bethany, he´s 20. He´s another really great one, he came with us to this Chistain rap concert last night in South Guyaquil at a huge church down there. That was a fun time. Just like Chistian concerts in the states except everyone was speaking spanish and I was the lightest person in the room by a longshot... oh wait, ok, so the only difference being that everyone was speaking spanish...

This is me with my Kindergarten class. Oh my goodness the stories I could tell about pretty much every one of these kids! They are so so precious! On my last day they presented me with a book the teacher had put together which had a drawing from each of them in it and they had all written "te quiero mucho" on their drawings (I love you very much). Ooh. I´m going to miss these kids! Well, mostly... see that one standing right below me? That´s Genesis Josylin, aka devil child. Haha, but she does make me laugh... like the day we were learning the words scissors and glue and she cut her hair and ate glue.... aahh Genesis...


This is the family that I visted the other day. The oldest girl there has kind of latched on to me, which is really sweet. She spent a few hours at our house the other day. The only problem is... I can´t remember her name! And it´s way to late to ask now... oh well...


And finally, this is a huge race for the high schoolers that I helped out with yesterday and ran with our girls in. It was really fun. This is just the girls portion of it and there are at least that many girls behind me when I took this picture. It was crrrrazy. Like well over 1,000 kids running. I don´t even know probably 1000 girls and 1000 boys. Very fun. We came in towards the end ONLY becuase we didn´t cheat and take major short cuts... otherwise we would have been towards the beginning. It was funny standing at the starting line and looking around me, I was not only the ONLY white person present in the whole 1,000, I was also standing about a head taller than everyone... I was literally crouching down when the newspaper guys were taking pictures of the crowd so that I wouldn´t stick out too bad in the photo... awkward...
But it was really fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

ahh Genesis. hahah that was my favorite line. It truly looks and sounds like you've had an amazing time. I'm so stoked that you went. i can't wait to see your lovely face, hear your stories and look at your pictures... lets make a date.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pamela,

Oh wow, we loved your post! I wish we could put on pictures from Norway. It is so cool that we can see some of the people and places that you are seeing. The volcano trip does sound a bit scary, but we know you had lots of practice playing "hot lava" when you were a little kid. Only this time, if you trip your leg goes up in flame.

Thanks again for staying in touch. Today is the end of our voyage. I think we will be stuck in an airport for a number of ours in Kirkenes (pop. 6000), but we have books and each other :-)

Tomorrow we begin our visit with Julia and Viggo!

Love,
Dad

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home