Saturday, September 23, 2006

Did you realize?


I meant to do this yesterday. Yesterday was our 2 year anniversary. I've known you all for 2 years. 2 years ago we took that captivating bus ride through Engligh countryside with Daveo being friendly enough for all of us in the back seat. 2 years ago I met my dear Allison Moody for the first time. 2 years ago I was in raptures as we drove up to the castle and could first see it coming round the bend. The grass was so green. The sky was so blue. And I could NOT believe I was going to spend the next 6 months in that amazing place! 2 years ago we all sat uncomfortably on the floor in the library and went around telling our name, where we're from, and what we were planning to do in the future. Didn't someone tape that? Ben maybe? I'd really like to know what we all said! Two years ago Rebecca and Marissa first liad eyes on their husbands. Two years ago I walked into Carnforth for the first time with Allison and Caroline. We laughed a lot and I knew it was going to be a terrific year.
It was.

9 Comments:

Blogger Béthany said...

Daveo WAS so friendly on that bus. 2 years ago i met brent, kim lee, kellyn Bekah and Jiiiiin...

Kaylie filmed it, i specifically remember her running out of tape at one point...but not while it was my turn.

Dawn maybe filmed too.

i would love to see that, yes.


the word verification today was almost so bad to dissuade me from posting this reply: xzjgxtdw

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two years ago.
Como estas tu ve muda?
No he oido de ti desde hace mucho.
Y lo que escribes aqui, no entiendo.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

two years ago...i hadn't met any of you yet, i was busy making final touches on my sis' wedding and trying hard to squish down my fear of traveling alone to a foreign country where i knew absolutly no one...it didn't take long to change that!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pammy,

Was it embarassing that your parents were on the bus with you? Oh well, it means we have great memories too, even though we had to leave after a day or two. Plus it was a really cool bed and breakfast that we stayed at nearby.
I was and still am very jealous of you for getting to go there, but I was and still am very happy that my sweet daughter got to have that wonderful adventure!

I love you Pamela.

Dad

4:54 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Not to rain on your parade, but didn't we go like the 24 or 25? I have posts from London on the 23... hehe.
But yeah, it was approximately 2 years ago that our lives were all so blessedly changed. Ahhh.... my roomie. :D
Love to all.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Oh yeah, good call. I forgot that my parents and I spent a couple days in London first!
Oh well. NOW it works...

7:49 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

haha two years ago i was getting deported. worst day of my freaking life. but i met kristy dato in the airport. and now she's married.

mmmm good times.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Kristy Dato's married?? What?? Are you sure? What??

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...i figured i would share as well. two years ago:

Your parents: Hello. Oh you're from Oregon. So are
we. This is our daughter, Pamela.
You: Pleased to meet your acquaintance good sir.
Me: Come sail away! Come sail away! Come sail away
with meeee!


allright, that's not how it went down but oh well. close enough.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home