Sunday, September 24, 2006

Entrance into adulthood.

In order to fufill the obligatory coming of age ritual for entrance into adulthood Kristen (my friend who turned 21 two days after I did) and I decided to get a small group of friends together hit up a crowded little hole-in-the-wall blues joint in a Chicago suburb with the express purpose of getting carded. Our purpose was fulfilled and we are now officially adults. The music was rediculously good as well, though my throat does still hurt a bit from the smoke and I have to wash all the clothes I was wearing that night. We were good little Wheaties and didn't drink but the middle aged singer, as shown in the picture below dedicated the song "hot stuff" to me so my life is pretty much complete and I can now die happy. ;-)


I've gotta say. Can ya blame him??

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pammy,

Cool idea for celebrating 21! Very cute picture of you two!

Once I was with a girlfriend who got carded when I was about thirty. She was about my age, so I jokingly asked the bouncer "Hey, why didn't you card me!" He said, "If you aren't twenty one you sure have a lot of miles on you!" Ouch. Also true even then.

Now I worry about getting carded only when I ask for the senior discount and I'm not sure if it starts at 55 or 60.

Dad

4:41 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

my gosh, i know i've said this before but your parents are awesome. my dearest pammy, i'm soo glad you had a good time you sooo deserve it!! will you take me to this "hole in the wall" if i come and visit? done nad done

11:51 AM  
Blogger Court said...

Pam.... I wish I was in Chicago with you. Dang.I do need to talk to you maybe with the weekend off I will get there.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home