Saturday, January 13, 2007

It has begun.

I knew this would happen. I am taking two anthro classes and two sociology classes this term. The mumbo-jumbo has started falling from my mouth at an increasingly rapid pace. I can't watch a movie without analyzing it's cultural statements and symbolic meaning (which is kind of reduntant). I must confess... I don't even mind. I'm just afraid I'm going to get real annoying real quick.This morning at breakfast I said in passing "Man... I really feel like reading Harry Potter today... but I have to read Karl Marx instead." Yep. Spring Semester 2007 is here with a vengance, even if Spring is still a long way off. I love my friends here though. They are so good at keeping me sane. I learned to play poker last night. Watched the last hour of Jet Li's "Fearless", which was actually really really good. I laughed uproariously on several occassions. And I ate the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever eaten in my life. Hands down. No contest. THE BEST. (Sorry for the horrible punctuation in that paragraph. I'm embracing all chances I can take at being non-academic at the moment).
Unfortunately I don't want to annoy you all with a bunch of anthropological mumblings, and that's the main subject of my life at present so I don't have much else to say in a public manner. Praise the Lord for no school on monday which means I can sit here and look at blogs and listen to delightfully strange foreign music I'm borrowing from Gisela and not feel guilty.

Oh, and for those of you praying for my sister. Thank you so much! Keep it up! Still no baby yet! God is very good to us.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jet Li's Fearless.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Thanks. Publicly correcting my ignorance is always appreciated. ;-)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Wow I just re-read that and I thought I had just mispelled Li, but I actually wrote BRUCE LEE. Now THAT was just a ditzy moment. Because I most certainly know it was Jet Li. So yeah, that correction was well deserved. Even if I do hate it when you do it anonomously, though I'm assuming its luke.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home