Saturday, March 24, 2007

Heart.

My adorable boyfriend took me on our first big date last night and it was just... so great. Yeah, really really great. He brought me flowers, he took me to his favorite restaurant in the city, he bought us tickets to see one of our favorite bands play. I really couldn't have asked for a better evening. I think I couldn't have even dreamed up a better evening. So if you were wondering how things are going with the new boyfriend I can tell you - they're going great. Really really great.

This is the first guy who played. I can't remember his name, I'll ask Michael and get back to you on that... but he was really good, and hilarious in a very "what? I'm not trying to be funny" sort of way. And he had the exact same harmonica holder as Michael which made us like him just all that much more.

And then there was Amina. The 4 girls who play with Sigur Ros. They play a wide assortment of instruments including saws (as is photographed below), water glasses, bells, and stringed instruments. They usually play several different instruments throughout each song, looping them on top of each other as the song progresses. It was perfect. Beautiful, romantic, and really really good.

For their encore they all played saws of different sizes.

Here they are playing xylophone, hand bells, water glasses and who knows what else... If you ever have a chance to see Amina play you should take it, especially now when they are in small venues.
Oh and when they talked between songs their sweet little Icelandic accents reminded me of our dear Helga. Thank God for Iceland!
And thank God for terrific boyfriends and perfect dates!

5 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

seriously rad. My dearest Pamela i'm glad that things ar going well with you and Michael he seems genuinly awesome. He'd have to be to have a girl like you. love and toodles.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pamela,

It makes and old man happy to see his sweet daughter happy! I love you sweetie.

Kent

6:38 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

yaay! aww last year i saw amina with you! i'm so glad you got to go see them with michael. ya :)

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo nunca supe que tenias novio, desde cuando?

5:57 PM  
Blogger Coyets said...

I was so fascinated by your description of Amina, that I looked them up in Wikipedia (the English language version - there is no Icelandic one). I also checked the Swedish, Norwegian and German language Wikipedia entries for the quartett, but they were somewhat less informative than the English language one. Apparently, they have changed their name to amiina from Amína and have also used the name Aníma in the past.

The music certainly sounded good.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home