Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Warmth!

The entire campus is smiling. The most common exlamation to be heard today whilst walking to class is, "It's so gorgeous out!". I went for a walk and had a smoothie. Better yet I DIDN'T WEAR A COAT! And what, you ask, is the temperature bringing on this glee? 44 degrees F. That's right brothers and sisters, we have not only gone above freezing for the first time in over a month but we have actually gone TWELVE degrees above freezing! Ah the rapturous joy. As Michael so aptly put it, "I think I had forgotten that shunshine is supposed to be warm. Like the side of my body which had sunlight hitting it was actually warmer than the otherside. I think I'd completely forgotten that that happens." It's good to be reminded.
Sometimes you have to experience the bitter cold and darkness to appreciate just how wonderful the sunshine really is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pammy,

Consider yourself officially recalibrated. After a few years in the frigid north (ohio, new york) I came to California and laughed at people wearing down parkas in the forties! Now I shiver when it is forty!

Love,
Dad

9:36 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

true statement my dear!

today when i woke up the sun was shinning and i adorned myself in snappy caprise and cute little shoes with a light long sleeve...entered into my classes and came out to be greated by rain. oh the lovely north west coast..

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Entonces, no entendi nada de lo que dices hay en tu blog, pero veo tu cara y digo, ¡¡Que estupida eres!! i miss you

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home