Sunday, February 11, 2007

Apologies and extras

I am aware that I have been remiss in my blogging duties of late. I don't have very good excuses, except that nothing that I've been thinking about lately has been something I've wanted to write on or display pictorally for a large audience. Intellectually my thoughts revolve mostly around social theory these days, and that's boring enough for people in my major to listen to me yammer on about, much less all the rest of you. And personally, well, yeah, nothing to say in this public space.

For now I will leave you with a stanza from my favorite poem (The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S. Elliot)

And indeed there will be time
For the yellow smoke that slides along the street,
Rubbing its back upon the window-panes;
There will be time, there will be time
To preparte a face to meet the faces that you meet;
There will be time to murder and create,
And time for all the works and days of hands
That lift and drop a question on your plate;
Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
And for a hundred visions and revisions,
Before the taking of a toast and tea.

And now some musical reccomendations: I'm sure all of you listen to Sufjan Stevens by now, he's hitting it pretty big, but following closely on his heels are 2 of his good friends Dennison Witmer and Rosie Thomas, both Christians as well and both making remarkably delightful folk-indie music. I also recently aquired the new Shins album which is terrific, and I bought Riot on an Empty Street by the Kings of Convenience, which I've been wanting for ages and which fully lives up to all I'd hoped it would be.

My sister has not had her baby yet! This is great but she needs to actually have him relatively soon in order to be able to return to Norway with Viggo before his visa runs out, otherwise it will be kinda complicated. So our prayers will soon be changing from "keep him in there Lord!" to "let him out soon Lord!" Thank you for those who have been asking about it. We really appreciate it.

And finally, let me just say. The Lord is really beautiful. He blesses me so far beyond what I could ask or imagine, much less deserve. I hope you are all knowing that in your lives often and assuredly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

Pamela, you are truly beautiful. and i love you.

i recommend "Jacob & Lily" to you, they are a canadian duo that i saw last week at my school..i think you'd like them.

much love

11:02 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Pamela! I have to tell you that the dark guy from Kings of Convenience (the more handsome one)own the condo next to mine, and that I have spoken with him on several occations! Just thought you'd like that :)

I like your blog a lot.. I like your way with words!

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home