Friday, January 26, 2007

I live in a castle. Where do you live?

This is the decided upon "punchy phrase" for our Williston (my dorm) t-shirts this year. It's mostly becuase everyone calls us the Nunnery and makes fun of us becuase we're the only all girls building on campus and mostly contain quiet upperclasswomen (except transfers!) so they're being a little "fiesty". They call our building the "Red Castle" or at least I think they used to in like the 20's (it's the second oldest building on campus).

But remember when we lived in a castle for REAL?

I do. That was fun.

Some poor girl in one of my classes yesterday was being nice and asking me about what I'd done before coming to Wheaton (I think it throws people off sometimes that I didn't just come straight here from high school. you mean... there's other things you can do after high school?! but this wasn't the case this time. this was just a really nice girl) and she got me talking about Capernwray, asked a couple leading questions about it - poor thing... I was trying so hard not to gush... but how can you not?! I mean I LOVE it here at Wheaton. I really do. I love Portland and it was great to live with Aly. I had an AMAZING time in Ecuador this summer. But seriously? A whole year at bible school and travelling around Europe with your brand-new closest friends you've ever had? Can't really beat it, can you?


That's all. I know we've all moved on. But I figure we all need to continue those shout-out to '04-'05 posts every so often.

7 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin said...

yeah
I'm back in california
i'm sending you 10 bucks
and the profile of the man for you

if you read terry Pratchett read "Going Postal"
i liked it the best

9:14 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

amen.

hmmm i love our castle. hahaha like a month a go while in the office at work someone was looking at a castle calander and i'm like my castle was better....hahaha your right, it does throw people for a loop...and then i throw in i lived in a tower hahaha

12:08 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

i miss living with pamela. i miss living in a castle. i miss you!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It seems entirely appropriate that my princess should be living a fairy tale life.

Love,
Dad

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

En Bastion.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Court said...

Yeah I can handle some of those post here and there. As long as they aren't sad ones. I'm happy that you get to live in another castle. All I know is your roomies....are NOT as cool as the ones you've had.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

here here.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home