Saturday, April 14, 2007

A real college student.

Today I was a college student in just the romanitc way I've always dreamed of being.
I woke up early this morning becuase it was the only time my Social Research group could meet to work on our project and proceeded to get myself quite energized thanks to a steaming cup of coffee purchased at the campus coffee shop.
I then worked for a few hours (thanks to that blessed caffine high) and accomplished much in the way of learning.
Next I had a nice lunch with my boyfriend (who I met in a college class no less) and from there we retreated to a coffee shop for a couple more hours of working (though admittedly slightly less productive in his distractingly pleasant company).
This evening we had dinner and played some ping pong in the college lounge, and THEN (this is where the realization of my dream really reaches its pinnacle):
I went with 3 of my best girlfriends to a showing of Ingmar Bergman's "Winter Light" (a black and white Swedish film about a pastor losing his faith) followed by a stunningly intellectual conversation led by probably the most brilliant professor on campus (I'm currently reading a book by him assigned to by a different professor and it is incredible) and participated in by my brilliant class-mates.
A black and white foreign film in a chilly college auditorium. Few true life experiences are more romantic than that...
If only I'd played frisbee on the lawn...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Plamela,

You are definitely on some kind of natural high. Endorphins, seratonin, something like that. It is very sweet to watch. Plus your boundaries have indeed fallen in pleasant places (Psalm 16:6). It makes me very happy :-)

Love,
Dad

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home