Thursday, September 22, 2005

Urban Sprawl

Oh my goodness, I had no idea who different living in a city would be. I went job hunting today - there are more waitressing jobs within a 1 mile radius of my house here than there are within a 20 mile radius of my house back home. There is so much stuff everywhere! If I want to go to Target I have my choice of 3 within 15 minutes of me, not to mention a plethora of K-Marts, Fred Myers, and just about any other huge corporate store you could think of to boot! On one hand I can only stand in awe of the amazing creative power of humans to produce so much stuff! On the other it makes me want to run away and hide my head in the nearest grassy knoll I can find! This is certainly one of the strangest adventures I've taken yet, living in a city, and I have a few to choose from - I may love it, I may hate it, only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home