Friday, November 04, 2005

As long as we're reccomending music...

...I'd have to give a big old reccomendation to this cd: Moon Pix by Cat Power. I could reccomend a whole lot of cds right now but this one is my current top. The following is my favorite verse/chorus from my favorite song on that album:

It's so hard to go in the city
'Cause you wanna say hello to everybody
It's so hard to go into the city
'Cause you wanna say hey I love you to everybody
When we were teenagers we wanted to be the sky
Now all we wanna do is go to red places
And try to stay outta hell

It must be the colors
And the kids
That keep me alive
'Cause the music is boring me to death

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i concur. had you listened to her before? if not, you should check out you are free and the covers album. i actually saw her a few weeks ago. she's insane. never see her live.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Who are you? Heidi? I haven't listened to her (or "them" really... it's the name of her band not her name, eh?) that much but I do have You Are Free also. It's good but Moon Pix is hitting me better right now. That's funny that she's insane live - the music's pretty mellow for the most part but I can see a streak of insanity in there.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, its heidi. does she have other members? at the show, first of all, she made everyone sit down. and toward the end she started mumbling something about the kkk and weird vibes and that she "had to get out of here" and she walked off stage. according to my friends who worked the venue that night, she would leave the greenroom and the manager had to come apologise to her. literally, insane.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Court said...

hey pam did you know Wilco has an album coming out this month. I am listening to some of the sample songs off of it right now. Also I think we should have a long distance date on Nov 18 and both go watch 'Walk the line' ( the cash movie)

10:22 PM  
Blogger Leslie Puiras said...

Nice. Thanks Pam, i'm looking for new music... MmmHHmmmmm.. You should check out Johanna Newsom.
She plays the harp. Her voice is strange and a bit harsh, but once you're past it, her lyrics are brilliant..

"This is an old song, these are old blues, and this is not my tune but it's mine to use."

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home