Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jung Typology Test

I am an INFJ. Which means: Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging - in my case, slightly introverted, strongly intuitive, moderately feeling, and strongly Judging (as in right from wrong) according to the Jung Typology Test.
You know how you all were doing those little personality quizes a while back? (because they're fun and they generally pet the ego) well this is a real one, created by Karl Jung father of Analytical Psycology (who just happens to also have been an INFJ, thank you very much, along with Ghandi and Emily Bronte). If you want to take it go to www.humanmetrics.com click on "Jung Typology Test" then "Take Test" and finally "Do it!" (I'm filling this out for my RA application so I just repeated to you the detailed instructions they gave to me).
RA applications are kind of scary, I have to do a lot of self evaluation...
So anyway, I found this pretty self revealing and interesting and I'd be interested to hear what you find out about yourself, or at least what it says about you, if you should choose to take it.

In other news, we went to my friend Andrea's house out in the country and "hiked" on some sweet nature trails for Monday of fall break (aka "yesterday"). It was great fun.

11 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Hey cute hat ;)
I took your test and I am:
ENFJ
Extroverted 33 Intuitive 25 Feeling 38 Judging 67

10:21 AM  
Blogger Béthany said...

INTJ

Introverted 44 Intuitive 38 Thinking 1 Judging 33

i dont know how accurate that is. i could have answered many of them yes or no, depending on the situation.

apparently mine isnt very common, only about 1% of the population would fall under that category. that includes C.S.Lewis, John F. Kennedy, Jane Austen AND Mr Darcy (according to the fictional character list), Susan B. Anthony and...Chevy Chase.

http://typelogic.com/intj.html

11:31 AM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Sweet. Mine's not common either, it's more like 2% of the population. I guess I can include my percentages since ya'll know what I'm talking about now:
I'm Introverted 22, Intuitive 62, Feeling 38, Judging 67.
It's not like a 50 question test can peg you perfectly but it is a pretty well thought out one at least and interesting either way.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Hey Al, you are my "Pal" and Bethany is my "cousin" as in we're almost the same one but a little different. Hehe, I'm glad you put that link down beth cuz when I clicked it from the origional page it just gave me jibberish and I'm supposed to have read it for my Application.
Humanitarian Aide is the primary concern of my type, go figure? Mother Theresa, Nathan the Prophet and Ghandi. Heck yeah baby. Not to mention Billy Chrystal and Nealson Freaking Mandella.
They call us the "idealist counselors". Ok, i'll stop now. I'm sure that's far more than any of you really care to know about my personality.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me and mccartney are isfp's.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send me your email adress.
daniel.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Béthany said...

hey, what are cousins/companions for.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

INTP!

introvertedintuitivethinkingperceiving.

einstein, socrates, and the jung fellow himself are all on my team.
just me and the boys, kickin it as usual.


ps - phone tag is a dumb game. i hope it ends soon.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hahah eeew... I'm the same as a TON of actors and commedians. I got King David though!
Haha... I knew we were friends for a reason.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, INTJ

33 Introverted, 25 Intuitive, 12 thinking, 22 judging

Same as both Hannibals, historical and from the movie...lovely.

And I agree with Bethany. Actually, I counted, and at least 20 were pretty even between yes and no, depending on the situation. But I did recognize myself in some of the parts of the descriptions...

Weird how your scores are so high compared to mine. I'm *moderate* or *slightly* in everything. Or not that weird. I've done lots of this kind of tests before, and I usually have kind of a blended or confused or contradictory personality. For instance, I am neither left nor right brained, but both. I like it. I defy the box...

Love you, julia

12:10 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging. As if anyone needed a test to figure that out about me...

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home