mostly for Courtnay
(makes me miss you Court, and Diana and Sophie and Rahel and Lisa too).
P.S. no dispairaging comments of any kind are allowed on this post. Thank you.
I am no prophet - and here's no great matter.
So... this isn't quite what she looks like now... this is more like 24 years ago... but she's still pretty smokin'... for an old lady anyway ;-). Just kidding, 49's not THAT old... Seriously though, I have always felt that it's really not fair how cool... and how pretty... my mom is. I mean she should really be only half as cool and we could share the rest of that coolness with like 100 other moms and they'd all come out pretty dang good... but as it is... I get it all to myself, well me and my 3 siblings at least! She's the kind of mom that all my friends (who live nearby) know and like. They always used to tell me, "your mom is so cool!" But not in the really sweet little church lady way... more like in the funny comfortable awesome and a little weird way. Like when I'm acting kind of goofy is usually when people tell me I remind them of my mom.
Ah... mummy! I love you more than I can ever stretch my arms wide to show! Happy Birthday!
In no particular order, things I love about being home for Christmas break:
- Not having to lock my car door, or unlock the front door (I don't know if we've ever locked our front door EVER).
- The fact that we celebrate St. Nicholas day (you get you stockings on Dec. 6 so St. Nick is associated with that day instead of Christmas. A stocking must traditionally include: an orange, a gingerbread man, a "toy" this year the Ben Harper and The Blind Boys of Alabama cd, "gold coins" chocolate in reality, "something warm" usually warm socks, and a candy cane.)
- Dancing with my mom in the kitchen to whatever is on the sterio - most recently Ben Harper.
- Making fun of my mom dancing in the kitchen with my little brothers. (who are not so little any more!)
- The fact that we always have at least 2 flavors of ice cream in the freezer (though I do miss the non-fat Nescafe creamer and perpetually filled orange juice pitcher of the Moody's house).
- Our lady neighbors assortment of Christmas cookies that they give us every year.
- Literally not being able to go into town without seeing someone, if not MANY people, I know.
- Seeing Charles all giddy cuz he and his girlfriend are back together. And Sam being happy that I'm home.
- My mom's AWESOME Christmas decorations and the fact that she saved ornaments for me to put on the tree.
- Drinking wine and watching girl movies with my mummy.
- The BIG suffocating hug I know I'll get from my dad as soon as he gets home from his business trip tonight.
- Jenny and Nicci and Hannah!
- The invitation to the Paul's Place Chistmas party (resturant I worked at my senior year) and just Paul's Place in general. The Beanery too while we're at it. And the fact that you can listen to any cd you want at our Corvallis borders instead of just a few that they pick out.
- There is only ONE main street in my town.
- My house is OUTSIDE of town and is surrouned by trees!
Ok ok, I'll stop.